Government Programs

Child Dental Benefits Schedule

To get this your child must be all of the following:

  • 0 to 17 years old for at least one day that calendar year
  • eligible for Medicare
  • getting a payment from us at least once a year, or have a parent getting a payment from us at least once a year.

We cover up to $1,026 over 2 calendar years for basic dental services under CDBS. The cap amount is indexed yearly on 1 January. The increase in cap amount will only apply to a child or teenager who received their first eligible service in that calendar year. The services we’ll cover include any of these:

  • check-ups
  • X-rays
  • cleaning
  • fissure sealing
  • fillings
  • root canals
  • extractions.


Dental services are treatments to keep your teeth and mouth healthy. They may include:

  • regular check-ups and cleaning
  • prevention of tooth decay
  • treatments for cavities
  • dentures
  • treatments for dental injuries or conditions


You may be able to receive dental services if you have an assessed clinical need and a:

If you are eligible for dental services, your dentist may:

  • assess the health of your mouth and teeth at regular check-ups
  • treat any dental injuries or conditions
  • repair cavities in your teeth with fillings or crowns
  • provide you with dentures
  • re-line your dentures every two years
  • replace your dentures every 6 years, unless your dentures have been re-lined in the past year, or if your dentist recommends a replacement sooner



This voucher entitles you to up to $750.00 worth of dental treatment.

If there is more than $750.00 worth of treatment to be completed, we will create a treatment plan to send back to the Oral Health Care services for them to either finish in the public system, or a second voucher can sometimes be issued.


To be eligible to receive a government voucher for dental care, you must be a Queensland resident and holding any of the following valid concession cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
  • Pension Concession Card issued by Centrelink
  • Health Care Card
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Queensland Seniors Card